106milestochicago said: I know you probably get this a lot (and you don't have to answer it if you don't want to) What does an average day/week in meals look like for you?
I do get asked this a lot, haha :) but it’s no bother!
Lately my day in meals looks something like this:
- 32oz peppermint tea upon waking to tone the digestive organs, hydrate and “wake up” my system.
- A huge (approx. 4 “servings”) bowl of organic oats cooked with mashed banana, peanut butter, coconut sugar, cinnamon and almond milk.
Snack on my walk to work:
- Large smoothie of bananas, ice, kale, almond butter, almond milk and a scoop of Vega protein powder.
- 20oz smoothie of frozen strawberries, frozen mango, kale, ginger, almond butter, almond milk and hemp protein.
- 32oz herbal tea to hydrate and stay warm (it’s really cold at work)
- Something cooked and filling. Mostly vegetables; usually a starchy carbohydrate like potatoes, or a grain like quinoa or brown rice served with steamed kale and a protein entree like tempeh or chickpea cutlets. Or homemade chili and cornbread. Or gluten free pizza and a large mixed salad. Whatever I’m feeling like cooking up at the end of the day.
- Sometimes coconut or almond milk ice cream topped with cacao nibs and shredded coconut, sometimes nothing. I’ve been baking more often lately so maybe some homemade cookies and almond milk or a slice of banana bread with tea. Or homemade maca hot chocolate w/ vegan marshmallows.
Cheers! ~ ea
oh my goodness, this is really inspiring me to get back on track on my health journey <3 thank you so much, you beautiful goddess! you are such an inspiration, elizabeth xxxx